Thursday, January 7, 2010

Arbor Fence Ninebark Diabolo - Would This Make A Good Privacy Hedge?

Ninebark Diabolo - Would this make a good privacy hedge? - arbor fence

I want a natural fence of my neighbors yard separate attachment. Arbor Vitae I have seen used, and shrubs, but I do not like the look of them. Has anyone experience with Diabolo Ninebark the protection of privacy? I see that 8-10 'tall and 8-10 "spread grows. I assure you, very hard and can cut. I have a small yard, so I'm not too big. I had planned to cover, but apparently in my area, sometimes not the winter. I live in southern Wisconsin, so you need a bush. Let me know if anyone has other experiences or ideas. I want at least 6 'but not too high because I was in a ranch live.

I welcome your thoughts and ideas. Thank you in advance.

2 comments:

waljac61... said...

I would say the best, the tree of life. in their area should at least 10-12 feet high, on a 4-5 range. the lowest maintenance plants and keep the form and complete. They know that cedar is cedar real. These are white cedar. what most call cedar is actually a juniper. most have to be concerned about the curriculum, mites. but if you fertilize in the fall and spray for mites in the spring, they will do well. Cedar make a big screen and a windbreak as well.

KKB said...

I'm in the same boat, Shannon, but a little further north. I do not look like well-Arbor Vitae, but you can not beat them for the whole year round privacy. Dogwoods may be interesting - they have new branches red, according to the image on the site Jung (www.jungseed.com) is wonderful. Jung shame that is sold, but you might find elsewhere.

I start with the privet me because they get from Nice and thick (fast) food behind my house, I will not litter, noise, or prying eyes. I read that you are right, the training of vines around them. Honeysuckle could be good too.

Good luck!

Post a Comment